Bulk adding product allows you to bring product into the warehouse without having to create an inwards consignment. It is useful for setting opening balances of product in the warehouse.
To start the bulk add, visit the Inventory screen, select the action menu in the top-right of the card shoulder and choose the Bulk Add button.
Bulk add in the action menu on the Inventory card
You'll be presented with a new blade asking you to input relevant product details.
First, select the warehouse you are adding product to.
Next, optionally enter the particulars to describe the bulk add transaction that will take place. These particulars will be shown in the warehouse transactions data for the product.
The warehouse selection card of the bulk add form
The following fields are then available:
- Search product using the search field. Your search will cover all known products from your Client Partners in your organisation
- Choose the location in the warehouse that you will be receiving this product into
- Enter the date that you received the product into the warehouse.
- If the Client Partner of the product supports batch information, you may enter the batch of the product here.
- If the Client Partner of the product supports expiry dates, you may enter the expiry date of the product here.
- If the Client Partner of the product supports Product Attributes, then you can use this Add Attribute button to set the attributes for this operation.
- The amount of product that is coming into the warehouse
- Volume is automatically calculated based on the entered quantity and the volume information defined on the product. You may overtype this.
- Weight is automatically calculated based on the entered quantity and the weight information defined on the product. You may overtype this.
- Free Storage Hours
- Enter any free storage (in hours) that is attributed to this product
An example of a bulk add screen setting an initial import of product into a warehouse
Continue to add product to this bulk operation by choosing the Add Inventory button. A new product form will appear asking you to enter the appropriate details.
When you have completed setting all the product information, choose the Save Inventory button to create these products as inventory in your warehouse.