Using Consignly's API requires an OAuth 2.0 connection using Code flow. In order to support the connection to the API, a Custom App provides the required information to support the OAuth Flow that is required.
A connection to the API will request specific permission scopes and is granted an access token upon a user's approval.
To establish a connection to the API, create a Custom App by visiting the App Integrations in the sidebar and choose the Custom Apps item in the list.
This screen will present you with all the existing Custom Apps that have been created for your organisation. To create a new Custom App, choose the Add button.
Describe your app
To create the Custom App, enter the required information.
- Name: A friendly value required to identify your app.
- Description: A brief note that describes the app in your App Directory listing
- OAuth Redirect Uri: The return address Consignly will re-route users to after they have authorised your connection to Consignly. This endpoint is used to capture token information received from Consignly.
Optional details can be entered to help provide more information on the connection to your organisation users.
- Website Url: A website address that users can navigate to in order to find further information about the app
- Connect Url: A website address that can be used to start the process of establishing a connection to Consignly via your app
- About: A brief note about your app
- How does this work?: An explanation about how this app will work with Consignly
A new Custom App screen in Consignly