Automation Tasks are actions that, when added to an automation, will execute when the automation is triggered.
Consignly has a task directory that supports a number of different task options:
- Approving draft schedules
- Generating schedules
- Raising an ad-hoc transaction
- Raising storage charges
Existing tasks that have been added to the automation will appear in the Tasks card. Many tasks can be added to an automation, and when the automation triggers tasks are executed in sequential order for each Client Partner selected on the automation.
Reorder tasks by choosing the Reorder button in the card shoulder.
The tasks card showing 4 tasks that have been added to an automation.
Adding tasks to an automation
To add a task, choose the Add Task button in the shoulder of the Tasks card.
The tasks card. Choose Add Task to add a task to the automation.
You will be presented with the Task Directory, where you can choose and configure the task you wish to add to the automation.
The Task Directory
Approve Draft Schedules
This task allows you to find schedules that are in a draft status, and automatically mark them as approved.
Configure the task by choosing the date range in which to find the draft schedules. The date range will look for schedules with a Schedule Date within the range.
Date options available are:
- Last Week
- Last Month
- This Week
- This Month
The Custom option allows you to configure a date range that covers a number of days before the automation runs.
Approve schedules task, configured to look for schedules between 7 days and 1 day before the date that the automation triggers
This task allows you to create a schedule that bundles up Pending Transactions on a client partner into a new schedule.
The Schedule Detail card allows you to set the following fields:
- A Schedule Date (Today, Yesterday, Tomorrow, Custom Date).
- A Schedule Reference. Use dynamic particulars to inject a value into the reference field.
- A Schedule Description. Use dynamic particulars to inject a value into the description field.
- Whether Consignly should Approve the schedule automatically.
The Schedule Transactions card allows you to define which pending transactions will be added into the schedule.
You can choose to include transactions based on:
- The Transaction Type (Ad-hoc, Activity, Freight, Storage transactions)
- The Transaction Date Range. (Choose any pending transactions, or ones created Last Week/Month, This Week/Month, or Custom)
- Indicate whether there is a Transaction limit per schedule (sets a limit on how many transactions can be added to a schedule before Consignly creates another schedule)
- Whether separate schedules should be created for charges per consignment
Generate schedules task, configured to set the schedule date to yesterday, the reference to use a dynamic particular, and to approve the schedule automatically. Transactions will only be included if they are Activity-related transactions.
Raise Adhoc Transaction
This task allows you to raise an ad-hoc transaction for a Client Partner. This is useful for charging fixed fees. For example, a weekly administration fee, or a quarterly technology fee.
When configuring the task, set:
- The Transaction Date that you wish to assign to the ad-hoc transaction
- The Particulars that you wish to describe the transaction. Use Dynamic Particulars to help customise the particulars.
- Optionally set the Revenue Account. This is only available if your subscription supports it.
- Optionally set the Cost Centre. This is only available if your subscription supports it.
- Set the appropriate Tax Rate.
- Enter an Amount for the charge.
A task to raise an ad-hoc transaction
Raise Storage Charges
This task allows you to automatically calculate and raise storage charges for a Client Partner.
When configuring the task, set:
- The Storage Date Range. (Can be one of Last Week/Month, This Week/Month, or Custom)
- The Warehouse that the storage charges will be raised for. You can add many tasks to an automation, so if you need to raise charges for multiple warehouses then simply create additional tasks.
- Optionally choose a Product Group to target the charges for
A task to Raise Storage charges, targeting the Metro warehouse for last month